Aisha, meaning "womanly".
I thoroughly enjoyed knitting this shawl. It starts out knitted flat at the very tip and it gets increases sideways. Followed by two very textural stitch patterns you'll love creating, one being a wave design and a gorgeous middle lace diamond pattern. There are also garter stitch sections, though some look lacy, due to the yarn used.
Talking about the yarns, you'll start with the Lightly skein and work 3 sections, then switch to the Linen yarn for the middle lace portion.
You have a size option whether you prefer a 52" or 67" long shawl with a width of 19" in the middle. Choose from petite or long.
The pattern is fully written and also offers charts.
The knit kits include:
- One Slightly there skein and depending on the size you would like to knit, either petite with 1 or long shawl with 2 skeins of Linen.
- The printed pattern and emailed PDF file.
- All packaged in a convenient project bag.
- US size 7 (4.5 mm) circular needle 32" (81 cm) in length.
- 3 Stitch markers
- Darning needle or crochet hook for finishing.
Gauge: 17 sts and 20 rows in garter stitch, fingering weight yarn, blocked. Counting 10 ridges.
Techniques applied: Knitting, purling, lace knitting, increasing, decreasing, color changes, binding off, weaving in ends and blocking for best results.
Level of Expertise: Intermediate
Enjoy your beautiful shawl!
Use coupon code: Summer knits to save 15% on the knit kits.
Find the cute tree shaped shawl pin along with many others right HERE