The Sycamore cowl is knitted with a single brand new skein of Eight spot in the Garden color way, as shown here.
Eight exciting yarn changes in total but only two ends to weave in. Love that.
The cowl is knitted in the round
from the bottom up with a lovely, yet simple lace pattern. Two borders done with a one by one rib pattern that makes the knit stitches pop just a bit more, frame the lace ....
Some photos show the Sycamore worn over another cowl, the Dockery.
The pattern is fully written and also offers a lace chart. The circumference of the cowl measures 22" and the height is 15".
Knit kits include
- A skein of Eight spot with 224 yards with individual portions of 28 yards each. There are changes in textures and colors. Varied yarn weights are used here as well, ranging from lace to light fingering, fingering and DK weights in cottons, linens, rayons, polyamides and bamboo, as well as blends of the aforementioned.
- The printed pattern and emailed PDF file.
- All packaged in a convenient project bag.
- US size 6 (4 mm) circular needle 16" (51 cm) in length
- One stitch marker to mark rounds.
- Darning needle or crochet hook for finishing.
Gauge: 9 sts and 15 rows in 2" worked in the initial rib stitch pattern done with fingering weight.
Techniques applied: Knitting and purling in the round, lace knitting, color changes, binding off, weaving in ends and optional blocking.
Enjoy your pretty cowl!
Find the single skeins HERE