The all new Davenport shawl is truly elegant. It feels so comfortable to wear as the yarn used here is incredible luxurious. It's hand dyed and specially treated bamboo yarn to make it feel out of this world (my words, cause I love it so). You just have to feel it!
Two distinct stitch patterns create this luxurious shawl. One is a simple knit and purl traveling escalator pattern and the other a gorgeous but surprisingly easy to knit lace pattern. They meet in the middle with a simple marling technique.
Lightly blocked measurements: 72.5" in total length and 13" in height.
The knit kits include:
- 2 skeins of Auxanometer by Theodora's Pearls in a super rich bamboo, which to me comes close to cashmere in feel. The colors as shown here are C1- When Doves Cry, C2 - Deep Space. 400 yards each in a fingering weight.
- The printed pattern and emailed PDF file.
- All packaged in a convenient organza bag.
- US size 6 (4mm) circular needle 40" (102 cm) in length
- 22 Stitch markers
- Darning needle or crochet hook for finishing
Gauge: 16 sts and 30 rows in 4" of Stockinette stitch, lightly blocked
Techniques used: Knitting and purling flat, lace knitting, changing colors, marled knitting, binding off, weaving in ends, blocking.
Enjoy this beautiful shawl! Sorry I just ran out of the original Deep Space color but there are plenty of beautiful combinations available. I promise it will come back in though it may take a little time.....
Celebrating 7 years of Yarnz2GO this month!
Save 20% on all of Y2GO's knit kits automatically, no coupon is needed
Save 15% on all yarnz and notions with coupon code: Celebrate 7
You'll find the shawl belts and many different style shawl pins HERE