Bring on the cozy! This casual, contemporary and a bit romantic new poncho will keep you feeling comfy.
The all new Meridien poncho is fresh looking and absolutely charming. It is knitted in the round, all in one piece and with two complimentary yarns. A smooth cotton starts it off with a pretty stitch pattern, lending a shapely detail around the neckline.
The main body is knitted with a self striping aran weight yarn and in two colors, having the lighter tone on the top. A spirited accent in a lace motif that runs down the front and back is flanked by a simple cable stitch on either side. You can also wear the lace over your arms instead, when you just shift it around a bit~
The unblocked measurements are: The neckline measures 26" around and 1.75" in height. The overall height is 19" and the bottom circumference is 88".
The pattern is fully written and also offers charts for your knitting pleasure.
The knit kits include
- Color 1- a skein of Mercerized cotton in a sport weight held double throughout. 125 yards.
- Color 2/3- two Wheely cakes in as many colors in a super soft Acrylic. An aran weight self striping yarn with 165 yards/100 grams per cake.
- The printed pattern and emailed PDF file.
- All packaged in a convenient project bag.
- US 7 (4.5 mm) circular needle 16" (41 cm) in length.
- US size 15 (10 mm) circular needle 36" (91 cm) in length.
- 6 Stitch markers, 2 to mark the sides and 4 to mark the pattern repeats.
- Cable needle.
- Tapestry needle or crochet hook for finishing.
Gauge unblocked: 16 sts and 24 rows in 4" with C1 and two strands held together in stockinette stitch AND 8 sts and 12 rows in 4" with single strand of C2/3 of stockinette stitch.
Techniques applied: Knitting and purling in the round, changing colors, increasing, eyelets, cable knitting, ribbing, stretchy bind off, weaving in ends and optional blocking.
Level of Expertise: Intermediate
Enjoy your comfy poncho with an automatic savings for a limited time!
Find the pattern HERE
Find the vegan shawl cuff and other ways to hold your knits in place HERE