Meehan, a crescent shaped shawl that is a real pleasure to knit. In fact it's one of those projects you call comfort knits. The Yarnology skein used here adds lots of color and the Bambon yarn adds a bit of heft. You'll love wearing it!
The shawl is is knitted top down and increases to the bottom undulating lace pattern border. The pattern is fully written and also has a chart for your knitting pleasure.
The blocked shawl measures 71.5" in overall length and 18" in middle height.
The knit kits include:
- A skein of Yarnology, 238 yards hand wound with 7 colors, textures and yarn weights. Fibers range from cottons, rayons, linens and combinations thereof in weights ranging from fingering, sport, DK to worsted.
- A Bambon skein with 154 yards, a 40% bamboo/60% cotton blend in DK weight.
- The printed pattern and emailed PDF file.
- All packaged in a convenient project bag.
- US 10 (6 mm) circular needle 36" (91 cm) in length.
- Darning needle or crochet hook for finishing.
Gauge: 11 sts and 21 rows in 4" of stockinette stitch.
Techniques applied: Knitting and purling flat, increasing, lace knitting, binding off, weaving in ends and blocking for best results.
Level of Expertise: Advanced Beginner
Try one of the new Belt Loops.