Loopy is a giant loop that can be styled many ways. It's playful, rich in color, has lots of textures and it also sports GIANT bobbles in the middle. How fun!
This is literally is a huge circle that is knitted of course in the round with two of our fab Wheely cakes in the main body and a bulky weight grey chenille yarn. The Chenille starts this loop off with a Picot cast on and also ends it again with a Picot bind off. If you haven't tried this yet, not to worry the pattern talks you through it.
The pattern is fully written. The unblocked measurements are 10" in width and 112" in overall length.
The knit kits include
- Yarn # 1 is a bulky super and extremely soft grey Chenille yarn. 50 yards.
- Yarn # 2/3 are two of our Wheely cakes, 165 yards each in a self striping aran weight in a really soft acrylic. Choose to make your Loopy with two colors as I did shown in the sample or knit it all in one color way.
- The printed pattern and emailed PDF file.
- All packaged in a convenient project bag.
- US size 19 (15 cm) circular needle 32" (82 cm) in length.
- One stitch marker.
- Tapestry needle or crochet hook for finishing.
Gauge: 8 sts and 12 rows in 4" of stockinette stitch.
Techniques: Picot cast on and cast off, knitting and purling in the round, making bobbles, changing yarn/colors, weaving in ends. Blocking is optional, the sample as shown here was NOT blocked.
Happy holiday knitting!
See more Wheely cake projects HERE