Invert, the name of this beautiful necklace describes the look of the intriguing lace tips facing inward, rather than away from the neck as we are used to. Another unusual twist here, the yarn used has been spray painted. No kidding! It's very cool and sleek.
The lace pattern is worked from the bottom up with six lace repeats and easy garter stitch edges which do lend the perfect space for a buttonhole and sewn on button at the opposite end. It's a quick and fun knit and makes for a great gift idea too.
The pattern is fully written and also offers a chart.
The blocked measurements are 20" in overall length and 1.25" in height. The necklace fits most but the button placements can adjust the size a bit, by moving it to the outside edge, it allows for more space. Another way to increase would be to add extra stitches to the garter stitch edges.
Knit kits include
- A special spray painted yarn in a fingering weight. 50 yards per mini skein in a 40% Cotton and 60 % Metallic Lurex in a self striping yarn.
- A pretty heart shaped button in the color that coordinates with your yarn choice.
- The printed pattern and emailed PDF file.
- All packaged in a convenient project bag.
- US 0 (2 mm) circular needle 29” (74 cm) in length.
- 2 stitch markers
- Darning needle
- 1 Closure button about 1.5“ (2 cm) in size
Gauge: 15 sts and 16 rows in 2" of stockinette stitch.
Techniques applied: Knitting and purling, knitting stitches together, lace knitting, slipping stitches, creating a buttonhole, binding off, weaving in ends and blocking for best results.
Enjoy your pretty necklace!
You may also enjoy these selections....