The drape of the new Intrigue shawl is just incredible~
There are many wonderful stitch patterns to explore including a bauble that isn't a bauble (?), a cool ruching stitch, an understated lace pattern, a slipped stitch pattern and relaxing garter stitches and you even get to create tassels using a photo tutorial.
Knitted with three lovely yarns, this shawl works up sideways and from there you grow it a bit more by picking up stitches along the sides, adding accent stripes.
The pattern is fully written and also offers charts and a photo tutorial to create the tassels.
The size of this shawl is great too, as it allows you many ways to style it. The blocked size is 61" in length and 18" in middle height. The tassels are 5" long each.
Knit kits include:
- 2 Lightly skeins, 238 yards hand wound and each with 7 color, texture and weight changes in cotton, linens, rayons and combinations thereof.
- 1 Textured yarn cake, 250 yards in a light fingering weight in a thick and thin textured cotton.
- 1 Linen skein, 197 yards in a fingering weight in a cool 50% linen/50% viscose.
- 2 buttons 0.75" to attach the tassels.
- The printed pattern and emailed PDF file.
- All packaged in a convenient project bag.
- US size 7 (4.5 mm) circular needle 36" (91 cm) in length.
- Darning needle for finishing.
- Tassel maker or card board 5" long to create tassel.
Gauge: 9 sts and 18 rows in 2" of Stockinette stitch in fingering weight yarn.
Techniques applied: Knitting, purling, lace knitting, binding off, picking up and knitting stitches, color changes, making two tassels (photo tutorial), weaving in ends and blocking.
Enjoy your gorgeous new shawl!
Save 15% for a limited time with coupon code: Summer knits
See cool shawl belts and pins HERE to hold your shawl in place...
Find the pattern HERE