I'm all aflutter top
I’m all aflutter
A light, airy and perfectly balanced top. The bottom lace knits up first and sets the stage of this all over lacy appearing sweater with a slit on one side. A bit of everything is going on here, from knitting in the round to knitting flat. The sleeves are picked up and knitted flat in Garter Stitch. They are left un-seamed for even more comfort and flair and add another texture.
For bust sizes 36”/40”/42”/46”/50”/54”.
Knit kit includes:
- Yarn: Linen, a fingering weight yarn in a 50% Linen and 50% Viscose,
- C1: 1/1/1/1/2/2 skeins Bottom Lace
- C2: 3/4/4/4/4/4 skeins Body
- The printed and emailed pattern
- You can mix and match colors too, simply comment when you place your order with the color for the border first and the body second
- US size 7 (4.5 mm) straights or 16” (40 cm) circular needles
- US size 10 (6 mm) circular needle 36” (90 cm) in length
- 2 stitch markers
For lace border: 1 repeat measures 5.75” 14.6 cm x 3.5” 8.9 cm blocked.
For body: 13 sts and 22 rows in 4” (10 cm) unblocked, 14 sts and 17 rows in 4” (10 cm) of Stockinette stitch (with larger needle size), blocked
Techniques: Lace knitting, picking up and knitting stitches, knitting in the round, knitting flat, stockinette stitch, garter stitch, seaming shoulders, stretchy bind off.
Level of Expertise: Intermediate
Pattern is written and has a schematic as well as a chart for the lace section.
Tech edited and test knitted.