A dreamy swish of a shawl....
The wonderfully comfy, definitely cozy new Helge shawl is so worth the knit~
It's BIG, it's colorful, so so soft and just fabulous to wear for the cooler season. The shape is a crescent, knitted from the top down with two of our "Wheely" cakes, a self striping aran weight yarn, so you know this one grows fast.
Large eyelets run along the growing sides as well as in the middle body of the shawl and an oversized two by two rib pattern stand out. Simple stockinette stitches and a bind off edge that is done with both colors held together provide even more great details. There is a perfect balance of simple and cozy in this cheerful big wrap.
The unblocked shawl measures 99" in overall length and 22" in middle height. The pattern is fully written.
The knit kits include
- Two self striping color ways in our aran weight Wheely cakes. 165 yards/100 grams per cake in a wonderfully soft acrylic. I know, I don't usually do acrylic but this is a great one.
- The printed pattern and emailed PDF file.
- All packaged in a big project bag, very convenient.
- US size 19 (15 mm) circular needle 32" (81 cm) in length.
- Tapestry needle or crochet hook for finishing.
Gauge: 7 sts and 10 rows in 4" of stockinette stitch.
Techniques applied: Knitting and purling, eyelets, increases, color changes, two color bind off, weaving in ends. Blocking is optional, the sample as shown was left unblocked for a more organic look.
Level of Expertise: Easy
Like the shawl cuff seen in the photos? It's double sided, so you get two color with each cuff to play with. Find them HERE along with lots of other fabulous options to tame your shawl.