A beautiful Cottonwood leaves pattern is a striking accent in this cowl knitted in the round and in two contrasting colors.
The cowl is sporting a two color stranded knitting method. The pattern includes a how to catch the floats in the back to avoid a messy inside video link as well as written instructions. Talking about the pattern, it is fully written out and also offers a chart for your knitting pleasure. Oh and be sure to check out the matching hat, see link below. It's always lovely to create a set~ This would make a great gift idea as well...
The blocked size measures in 27.5" circumference and 10.75" in height. The kit has enough yarn to make your cowl longer.
The knit kits include
- Taut, a sport weight yarn in a washable 50/50 cotton/acrylic blend. 148 yards/50 grams a skein. The cowl uses three skeins in two colors. Two skeins in C1 for the main body and one skein for the motif in C2.
- The printed pattern(s) and emailed PDF file(s)
- All packaged in convenient project bags.
- US size 3 (3,25 mm) circular needles 16" (40 cm) for the hat and cowl or if you prefer a longer needle for the cowl you can go with 20" (51 cm) in length.
- Stitch markers. Use at least one to mark the beginning round.
- Tapestry needle or crochet hook for finishing.
Gauge: 24 sts and rows in 4" of stockinette stitch.
Techniques applied: Knitted in the round, stranded knitting, catching floats in the back, ribbing, binding off, weaving in ends and blocking.
Level of Expertise: Advanced beginner/intermediate
Check out the matching/non-matching hat/beanie right HERE