Chiara vest, knit kit
Chiara, Italian origin meaning "light, clear” pronounced "kee-AH-ra"
This vest is certainly that, light and airy as a feather. The pattern features two distinct borders with different textures, one a dense mix of blocks, the other features beautiful opulent lace and the middle is knitted in Stockinette. Knitted all in one piece, placing sections on hold, knitting one section at a time and later all get knitted together to create the final lace border.
This is a very enjoyable knit and the end result of course is stunning.
Chiara has many, many looks! Flip it upside down for a different look near your face, place the armholes over your head, wear the back in the front and flip the sides over your shoulders and so on...
The pattern is written, has a schematic and a lace chart. The vest was also test knitted. A BIG Thank you to all testers!
See the vest move Video link
The sizes range from S- 34/38”, M- 40/44”, L- 46/50”.
Knit kits include:
- 2/3/3 A twisted two color yarn in a blend of 76% cotton, 24% polyester in a fingering weight, 248 yards each.
- 2/2/2 Thick and thin yarn in a blend of 60% cotton, 40% linen in a fingering weight, 248 yards each.
- A printed and emailed copy of written pattern with chart and schematic.
- A white organza project bag.
- US size 4 (3.5 mm) circular needle 40" (102 cm) in length
- 2 Stitch markers
- Darning needle or crochet hook for finishing
- Scrap yarn or stitch holders to place sections on hold
Gauge: 16 sts and 28 rows in 4" of Stockinette stitch, blocked.
Level of Expertise: Intermediate
Techniques used: Knitting, purling, lace, switching between yarns, placing stitches on hold and placing them back on needles when needed, stretchy bind off.
For just the single pattern click HERE