Definition of a jour: pierced, cut away, or made translucent in such a way as to form a design.
This pattern literally gives you three projects to create. There are two shawl versions. You can knit a smaller shawl and a scarf or the bigger shawl as featured in most of the photos and all from just the one pattern and/or one knit kit. Isn't that fabulous? I marked the smaller shawl version and the scarf, so you can see all your choices.
Starting out, first you knit a lovely crescent shape with increases that are very relaxing to create and easily memorized. You then adorn it with a beautiful bottom lace border. The final touch is a knitted separate skinny scarf that gets added very cleverly to the shawl with little ribbons. You'll love the creativity involved~
- 2 Yarnology skeins, 238 yards each in 7 portions of various colors, textures and weights ranging from lace, fingering sport, DK to worsted.
- 1 Organic cotton, DK weight 125 yards.
- Us size 6 (4 mm) circular needle 36" (91 cm) in length.
- 11 Stitch markers, lockable preferably mostly used for finishing your shawl.
- Darning needle or crochet hook for finishing.
Gauge: 8 sts and 10 rows in 2" of Stockinette stitch.
Techniques used: Knitting, purling, increasing, color changes, binding off, weaving in ends, blocking and attaching the scarf to the shawl with ribbons that get knotted.
Enjoy this one of a kind project, whether you knit the smaller shawl, the scarf or the final version as seen in most of the photos~
For the immediate download click HERE or simply add it to your Yarnz2go shopping cart with a delayed emailed PDF send.