Knit this colorful and very happy looking scarf in a self striping yarn in an aran weight, which makes this project grow super quickly.
Knitted entirely in garter stitch, so even beginners can handle this one. One side is kept extra wide and the other is decreased just a bit to give you interesting styling options. Wrap it around your neck and get cozy this winter. It also makes for a great gift idea for everyone on your list.
OPTIONS: If you also knit the matching hat and fingerless mitten set, you can use the leftover yarn from those two projects to make your scarf longer. Or you could also make your scarf in the smaller width and add more length.
The overall length is 41", at its widest 11.25" and at its skinniest 6.5", unblocked.
Knit kits include
- One Wheely cake, an aran weight in a self striping luxurious acrylic. 165 yards/100 grams.
- The printed pattern and emailed PDF file.
- All packaged in a convenient project bag.
- US 13 (9 mm) circular needle 20" (51 cm) in length.
- Darning needle or crochet hook for finishing.
Gauge: 6 sts and 11 rows in 3" of garter stitch.
Techniques applied: Knitting flat, decreasing, stretchy bind off, weaving in ends.
Enjoy your colorful scarf!
You may also like the matching beanie and fingerless mitten set shown below HERE
The cool shawl pins and cuffs as shown can be found HERE