Sprinkling of stars, hat knit kit
Keep warm and stylish wearing this pretty hat with some wonderful design elements~
Knitted in the round and in two contrasting colors, your hat starts out with a mock cable border with no cable needle needed! Next comes a Brioche inspired two color rib pattern, followed by a pleasing pattern of sprinkled beads. The hat ends with a balanced decreased pattern divided into four sections.
For head circumferences of: 20/21/22/23”. Pattern can easily be adjusted either down or up in size.
Written pattern with mock cable pattern chart and a how to add beads video link.
Knit kits include:
- 2 skeins in C1/C2 are enough to knit two color reversed hats in sizes 20/21/22" for the 23" size, please purchase an extra skein of Darlon if you want to knit two hats that is. The kits as advertised have enough yarn for one 23" hat.
- Sport weight 309 yards a skein of a dralon yarn that is washable. C1: Black / C2: Slate, as shown here
- All beads needed for both color reversed hats
- The printed and emailed pattern
- A white organza project bag
- US size 3 (3.25 mm) circular needle 16” (41 cm) in length or whatever size gives you the proper gauge.
- Optional: US size 3 (3.25 mm) double pointed needles. The samples were knit solely with circular needles to stretch the crown decreases.
- 4 Stitch markers, one being different to mark beginning of round
Gauge: 11 sts and 15 rows in 2“ of knitted Stockinette stitch.
NOTE: Make a swatch, so your hat will actually fit you in the needles size giving you the proper gauge. I am a loose knitter, you may not be.
Knitting in the round, mock cable knitting, purling, adding beads, color changes and decreasing.
Level of Expertise: Intermediate