Shadows, a two color poncho knitted top down with a slightly rolled neckline and easy raglan increases. A simple stranded method creates what seem to be shadowed blocks in varying sizes throughout the middle. A slide slit makes for a comfortable wear and a seed stitch border finishes up the project.
The pattern is written, charted and has a how to video clip.
Three sizes: S/M/L.
Knit kits include:
- 1/1/1 Skein of Element, 220 yards in a hand wound skein with 2 to 3 colors and 3 strands of yarn creating a DK weight.
- 3/4/4 Organic cotton skeins, 125 yards a skein in a DK weight.
- The printed and emailed pattern.
- All packaged in a convenient project bag
- US size 4 (3.5 mm) circular needle 20" (51 cm) in length
- 1 Stitch marker
- Darning needle or crochet hook for finishing
Gauge: 20 sts and 21 rows in 4" of Stockinette stitch.
Techniques used: Knit and purl in the round and flat, increases, color changes, stranded knitting, stretchy bind off, weaving in ends and blocking.
Level of Expertise: Advanced beginner
See also the Adria tunic and the Knightly shawl