Rhon is a fabulous, colorfully orchestrated hat.
The dramatic hexagon pattern along with the beginning ribbing add drama and the color changes are at times extreme as well as soft towards the top. The crown gets evenly decreased, which adds a nice flair all around the hat.
This is a great gift idea for anyone on your list this year. The knit kits come in colors suitable for the whole family in fun light tones to more masculine and unisex color combos.
The written and charted pattern offers various sizing options. From child 19", teen 20", small/medium adult 22" to large 23" in circumference.
The knit kits include
- A mini skein kit fashioned from the super soft Bambon skeins, 4 colors all 40 yards in length. Enough yardage to finish any size including the largest size.
- The printed pattern and emailed PDF file.
- All packaged in a convenient project bag.
- US size 5 (3.5 mm)
- US size 7 (4.5 mm) both circular needles 16"(41 cm) in length
- 1 Stitch marker
- Darning needle for finishing
Techniques used: Knitting and purling in the round, color changes, stranded knitting, catching floats in the back, decreasing. There is no bind off, instead you pick up remaining stitches with the darning needle and secure them on the onside of hat. Blocking is optional.
Gauge: 16 sts and 22 rows in 4" of Stockinette stitch
Level of Expertise: Advanced Beginner
Enjoy your beautiful hat!