Poetic colors, shawl kit
Colorful, texture rich and various yarn weights make up this pretty rectangular shawl. Worked bottom up, starting with the pretty lace border. Moving up to the many changes in yarns that make this shawl stand out. There are interesting stitch patterns as well as simple stockinette knitting. Framing the top edge is an I-cord bind off done with two yarns held together to give it more prominence.
Over all, this shawl is a real pleasure to knit!
Measurements blocked: 73” by 14”.
The pattern is written, has been tech edited, test knitted, has 2 lace charts and video links for your knitting pleasure~
Knit kit includes:
- C1- 1 skein of Bambon, DK weight 154 yards, used 149 yards.
- 1 skein of Yarnology 238 yards in various textures, weights & colors in 7 portions of 34 yards each in fingering, sport, DK, worsted weights, mixed textures.
- C9- sport weight, 80 yards
- C10- sport weight, 10
- A hardcopy of the patterns as well as the emailed PDF
- A white organza project bag
US size 10 (6.5 mm) circular needle 40” (101 cm) in length.
Darning needle or crochet hook for finishing
23 Stitch markers
Gauge: 12 sts and 21 rows in 4” of Garter stitch in DK weight, unblocked.
Level of Expertise: Intermediate
Techniques used: Knitting, purling, lace knitting, changing yarn, I-cord bind off.