The Shop the Grove bag is both, a bit rugged and stylish all at the same time.
The "Grove" in California was one of my favorite places to spend time at. Doing a bit of shopping, eating out and of course - people watching. This bag fits right into the Grove!
When I first set out to create this bag, I had no idea how to go about it. So I am thrilled about how it turned out. If you have not yet tried to crochet, no worries, the stitch is super easy to do. The pattern is fully written, offers a photo tutorial and a how to video link.
Create a ripple of texture in this crocheted bag. Striking acrylic handles compliment and contrast the neutral olive color of the raffia perfectly. A very simple stitch is used to both, secure the bag to the handles ands also to create the "fabric".
The size is: 14.25" in total height, visible handle size 4.5", 9.5" in actual bag height, 12.25" bottom edge, 8" in width just under the handle. The bottom depth/inside of bag measures 4 by 12.25".
The crochet kit includes
- A giant cake of sturdy raffia in a neutral olive color, made from recycled paper that is treated with cellulose and looks like a twisted cord. 300 yards/250 grams per cake.
- A set of acrylic/resin bag handles in a milky color with interesting olive colored spots creating the perfect match in very neutral colors.
- The printed pattern and emailed PDF file.
- Crochet hook size I (5.5 mm)
- Crochet hook size E (3.5 mm)
Gauge: 12 sts and 9 rows in 4" of stitch pattern.
Enjoy this project!
Find the single pattern HERE
Find the Maha sweater I am wearing in some of the photos, in many fab color combination knit kits HERE