NEW! Tree top shawl, knit kit
My lifelong love for trees led me to design this shawl.
Stranded knitting creates three growing tree trunks, followed by a big leafy in full bloom, textured tree top. For the wing of the shawl, stitches get picked up on the sides of tree and get worked on the bias into a different direction and therefore creates a v-shape, hugging your body.
The yarn used lends a very organic look and feel. The pattern is written and charted for your knitting pleasure.
The shawl was test knitted and thank you so much Test Knitters!
The Dimensions blocked are: 68” across the very top and at tallest is 18”.
The knit kits include:
- C1- Duo, a sport weight thick and thin yarn. 200 yards a skein and two in coordinating colors. 2 skeins used.
- C2- Textured yarn cake, 250 yards a cake in thick and thin light fingering weight, held double creating a sport weight yarn.
- The printed pattern and emailed PDF.
- All packaged in a convenient organza project bag.
- US size 5 (3.75 mm) circular needle 32" (81 cm) in length.
- Darning needle or crochet hook for finishing
Gauge: 24 sts and 25 rows in 4” of Stockinette stitch.
Techniques used: Knitting and purling, increasing, decreasing, slipping stitches, catching floats in the back, changing colors, stranded knitting, picking up and knitting stitches, stretchy bind off, weaving in ends and blocking.
Enjoy your pretty shawl!