The new Roddy shawl, a feast for the eyes~
An adventurous, very enjoyable project to knit. With color changes galore and varying stitch patterns throughout, this project does not get boring.
One side of the shawl grows in steps/color blocks and the bottom border has a slight lace accent, there are polkadot eyelets, a hexagon pattern and the opposite side of the shawl gets knitted with an abundance of inspiring stripes.
You will absolutely love how soft this shawl feels! It is knitted with the new Softness skeins in striking colors.
There is even a surprise included in the knit kits.... Three shawl pins in coordinating colors to secure and embellish your finished shawl.
The blocked size: Overall length 60", 14.5" in height.
The knit kits include
- 6 Skeins of Softness, 100 yards a skein in a super soft and cozy feeling DK weight in a blend of thick and thin cotton and an antibacterial dralon. You'll love the feel of anything you knit with this yarn.
- The printed and emailed pattern is fully written and also has charts.
- 3 colorful shawl pins 1.25" (3 cm) in diameter, accenting your color choice.
- All packaged in a convenient project bag.
- US size 8 (5 mm) circular needle 36" (94 cm) in length
- Darning needle or crochet hook for finishing
Gauge: 12 sts and 21 rows in 4" of Stockinette stitch
Techniques used: Knitting and purling flat, color changes, increasing, slipping stitches, lace knitting, stretchy bind off, weaving in ends and blocking.
Enjoy this absolutely lovely shawl!
You may also like the new Tilo shawl