Myra shawl kit
Myra, a shawl with a beautiful knitted shell lace pattern and simple garter stitches, adorned with fun tassels attached with coconut shell buttons. Rectangular in shape knitted with two distinct yarns gives this piece a lot of personality.
Knit kits include:
- 1 skein of Yarnology, 238 yards in varying yarns such as fingering, sport, DK and worsted weights, textures and colors.
- 2 skeins of Bambolino, a sport weight yarn in a bamboo, linen and cotton.
- 6 coconut shell buttons 3/4" in diameter.
- A printed and emailed copy of the pattern that is written, charted and offers a photo tutorial for creating the tassels.
- A white organza project bag.
US size 10 (6 mm) circular needle 32" in length
- Darning needle
- Tassel maker, gauge tool or piece of card board about 5" long to make the tassel with
Gauge: One shell measures 3.5" at its widest point and 2 3/16" in height.
Techniques used: Knitting, increasing, decreasing, slipping stitches, knitting multiple stitches together, stretchy bind off, creating tassels.
Level of Expertise: Intermediate
For just the pattern click HERE.
To hold your shawl in place, see all the Yarnz2go options HERE