NEW! Casual Delft shawl, knit kit
NEW! Casual Delft shawl
The shawl is both, down to earth and stylish, plus a definite delight to knit. The colors here remind one of a the famous blue and white Delft Porcelains, which inspired the name. Although it has much more casual charm. The shawl is knitted sideways and increases to the middle lace portion, then decreases to the other ends tip.
The size is a generous 84” long and 29” at its deepest, perfect to wrapping yourself up in this fall...
The pattern is written and charted.
Level of Expertise: Intermediate
The knit kit includes:
- Textured yarn cakes in 3 coordinating colors, 2 cakes each (6 cakes in total) in thick and thin textures. 250 yards each in a 30% Linen / 70% Cotton blend yarn. The cakes are perfect for the marling/blending part.
- The printed pattern and an emailed copy of the PDF
- All conveniently packaged in a project bag
- US size 6 (4 mm) circular needle 40" (102 cm) in length
- 8 Stitch markers
- Darning needle or crochet hook for finishing
Gauge: With 2 strands of yarns held together
- 20 sts and 24 rows in 4" in Garter stitch with the Speckled yarn cakes
- 16 sts and 24 rows in 4" in Stockinette stitch in all other yarn cakes
Techniques used: Knitting flat, lace knitting, slipping stitches, increases, decreases.
For the matching bulky hat with faux fur pom pom click HERE
Find the individual yarn cakes used in this shawl HERE
Find the individual pattern HERE