In this bold and inspiring shawl you will literally be exploring all sorts of stripes. From textured tone on tone ones to two color stripes, big blocks or small accent stripes, even single row stripes.
Knitted top down and ever increasing, this oversized crescent shaped shawl does make for a wonderful knit. The colors range from bold and lively to a bit more subdued.
The generous size lets you wrap yourself up in it many different ways. Wear it as a bunched up cowl or around your shoulders perhaps with a pretty shawl pin or Belt Loop as shown. the possibilities are endless.
The pattern is fully written and also offers a chart for your knitting pleasure. The size is a generous 97" in overall length and 19" in middle height.
The knit kits include
- C1- A skein of Element, 220 yards in a DK weight with 3 complimentary colors.
- C2- A skein of Boucle, 60 yards in a fingering weight.
- C3- A skein of Organic cotton, 125 yards in a DK weight in Stone color.
- C4- A skein of Organic cotton, as above in color a Red.
- US size 8 (5 mm) circular needle 36" (91 cm) in length.
- Darning needle or crochet hook for finishing.
Gauge: 13 sts and 19 rows in 4" of stockinette stitch.
Techniques applied: Knitting, purling, increasing, color changes, slipping stitches, stretchy bind off, weaving in ends, blocking.
Enjoy your shawl!
Find a matching shawl belt or shawl pin HERE