Marmara shawl, knit kit
Marmara, a shawl with subtle elegance that uplifts the ordinary...
A striking new shawl knitted with a mock cable pattern (no cable needle needed) and two separate and distinct edges done with varying stitch patterns in a complimentary color. This is a thoroughly enjoyable project to knit. It grows pretty quickly too and feels super cozy~
You can easily make your shawl longer and/or wider, though that will require more yarn (see the links below). Talking about the yarn, it certainly makes this shawl pop with its colors and textures, all are the same yarns just arranged differently for you to get the desired effect.
This version measures 60" in total length from tip to tip and 18" in height, when blocked.
Knit kits include:
- 2 Textured yarn cakes, 250 yards each in a 30% linen/70% cotton in a thick and thin texture, with two strands held together.
- 2 Trifecta skeins, 200 each in a 30% linen/70% cotton in a thick and thin texture in 3 perfectly harmonious colors per skein.
- The printed pattern and an emailed PDF copy. Written pattern with charts.
- All packaged in a convenient project bag.
- US size 7 (4.5 mm) circular needle 29" (74 cm) in length
- 2 Stitch markers
- Darning needle or crochet hook for finishing.
Gauge: 12 sts in 3" of Garter stitch in C1 / 16 sts in 4" of Stockinette stitch in C2.
Techniques used: Knitting, purling, slipping stitches, increasing, decreasing, lace kitting, binding off, blocking.
Enjoy this shawl~
Find the pattern HERE with a 30% discount through January 1oth.
If you decide to add more width and length, you find extra yarn in the below links.
Trifecta the colorful skeins
Textured yarn cakes the single color cakes
Find the shawl pin or one of the new shawl belts to hold your pretty shawl in place HERE