Introducing the all new Maple leaf hat.
I love trees and right now with all the falling leaves, the Maple leaf surely stands out with its unusual shape and great color.
This hat is knitted in the round with a greatly detailed rib pattern and an easy to accomplish stranded knitting method to create the leaf. The crown is evenly decreased so the stitch pattern goes all around the hat.
There is only one Leaf motif featured though, wear it in the front, on the side or in the back......
The knit kits include
- One full skein of Bambon, a DK weight super soft bamboo/cotton yarn.
- A mini skein with the contrasting color of your choice for the leaf motif.
- The printed pattern and emailed PDF file.
- All packaged in a convenient project bag.
- US size 5 (3.5 mm)
- US size 7 (4.5 mm) both are circular needles 16" (41 cm) in length
- 2 Stitch markers
- Darning needle for finishing
Gauge: 16 sts and 22" rows in 4" of Stockinette stitch with US 7 needle.
Level of Expertise: Advanced Beginner
Techniques used: Knitted in the round, color changes, stranded knitting, catching floats in the back, decreasing. There is no bind off, you simply take off the remaining stitches, cinch them together and secure them on the inside of hat. Blocking is optional.
Enjoy your cool hat!