The new and wonderfully easy going Maha sweater.
The yarns make this top feel super airy and light, the rich textures are an extra bonus. Great to wear all year round. During the summer months it is open and airy, letting plenty of air in worn over a tank or interesting bra and during the colder months simply slip it over a long sleeve tee. The long sleeves can be folded over for a more relaxed look.
This top is knitted all in one piece and finished with a simple crochet stitch in contrasting color. The two colors meet seamlessly in the sleeves and shoulders.
The two contrasting colors work well together and liven things up a bit. The back side is darker with the same color embellishing the neckline all around as well as the side seams. With the back being a bit longer, the front neckline slightly scooped and the back neckline being straight, there are plenty of subtle details to enjoy.
For sizes ranging from 34-36, 38-40, 42-44, 46-48, 50-52. An 8" positive ease is worked into each size. Choose to knit your actual bust size. There are plenty of color combos to choose from and this will quickly become one of your favorite tops to wear. I can't wait to cast on another color combo...
The pattern is fully written, has a schematic and also features photos to guide you. An updated PDF is available, email me at email@example.com for your copy.
The knit kits include:
- Pebbles, a new richly textured yarn in a mix of three strands of cottons, some are tone on tone, others have up to three colors per skein. 160 yards, 57 grams a skein.
- C1 for the front is shown/mentioned first in the colors. 1/2/2/2/3 skeins.
- C2 for the back and embellishing/finishing, mentioned second. 2/2/3/3/3 skeins.
- The printed pattern and emailed PDF file.
- All packaged in a convenient project bag.
- US size 17 (12 mm) circular needle 36" (91 cm) in length.
- Crochet hook size 9/I (5.5 mm) for finishing.
Gauge: 8 sts and 10 rows in 4" of Stockinette stitch.
Techniques to explore: Knitting and purling flat, neckline shaping, simple crochet stitch seams and neckline accents. Blocking is optional, the sample I am wearing in the photos was left unblocked for a more "organic look".
Enjoy knitting this really great sweater!
Download the pattern HERE
Find the single Pebbles skeins HERE.