Thinking ahead of Halloween on Monday, October 31st....
What a great knit! The Jolly Roger cowl will keep you comfy and cozy for the special holiday and throughout the season, really. The scull and bones motif is super popular and fun. Two contrasting colors create the cool motif with a stranded knitting method.
The yarn used here, creates a super soft feel but with a stiff look to not collapse the motif.
The pattern is fully written and also charted. It offers a video link on how to catch the floats in the back.
The circumference is 21" and the height is 5.25".
The knit kits include
- Two contrasting colored skeins in a new yarn called Tubes. Each skein holds 60 yards/50 grams in a bulky weight yarn which is a Polyester tube filled with super soft cotton. You'll love the look and feel of this yarn.
- The printed pattern and emailed PDF file.
- All packaged in a convenient project bag.
- US size 9 (5.5 mm) circular needle 16" (41 cm) in length
- One stitch marker to mark the beginning of round
- Darning needle or crochet hook for finishing
Gauge: 16 sts and 19 rows in 4" of stockinette stitch.
Techniques to try: Knitting and purling in the round, two color stranded knitting to create the motif, binding off with both colors held together, weaving in ends and blocking.
Level of Expertise: Advanced Beginner
Enjoy the kits with a 15% discount, when using coupon code: Fall knitting