This is "Winkworth", a headband knitted with a super bulky yarn, so it works up really fast. The knit starts out with a small tab and after the increased middle cabled repeats, connect to the other end with a button (no button hole). The cable is a great one to work on, it looks like little square boxes. Very cool...
The pattern is written and also charted.
For head circumferences: 21", 22", 23", 24" The attached button is stationary.
Knit kits include:
- A mini cake in a bulky weight, held double throughout the knit in various colors hand wound, not plied to give the casual look as shown. Cottons and linens in thick and thin textures. 80 yards a cake.
- The detailed wooden button about 1" in diameter.
- The printed and emailed pattern.
- All packaged in a convenient project bag.
- US size 7 (4.5 mm) any needle will do, straight or circular.
- Cable needle.
- Darning needle for finishing
Gauge: 5 sts and 8 rows in 2" of Stockinette stitch
Techniques used: Knitting and purling, cable knitting, increasing, decreasing, weaving in ends, binding off, blocking and sewing on the final touch, a button.
Level of Expertise: Intermediate
Enjoy your project!
Oh and by the way, this will make a great gift for the upcoming holiday season. You know, it's coming....