Happy times shawl...
Right now we all need a little escape and happier times, so I created a happy shawl. It’s a big semi crescent shape with lots of changes build in from yarn weights, textures and colors. There are also changing stitch patterns to keep you happily occupied, such as stranded knitting and a lovely textured border. It finishes with an I-cord bind off done in two colors.
The blocked measurements are: Total wing span 91”, middle height 18“.
The written pattern with 2 charts and a video link was test knitted.
Knit kits include:
- 1 Skein of Yarnology, 238 yards of vegan yarns in varying textures, colors and yarn weights ranging from fingering, sport, DK, worsted weights in 7 portions of 34 yards each.
- 1 Skein of an Organic cotton, 125 yards in a sport weight yarn.
- 1 Skein of Bambon, 154 yards in a DK weight yarn in a blend of Bamboo and cotton.
- 1 Mini skein of Bambon, 25 yards
- The printed and emailed pattern
- A white organza project bag
- US size 9 (5.5 mm) circular needle 40" (102 cm) in length
- 2 Stitch markers
- Darning needle or crochet hook for finishing
Gauge: 14 sts and 32 rows in 4" of Garter stitch done in a DK weight
Level of Expertise: Intermediate
Enjoy this pretty shawl!