The Elix wrap is a quick and easy knit in various aran weight yarns. It also grows pretty quickly, so you can wear it soon....
Starting out with a simple lace border done in a boucle yarn, followed by wide horizontal ribbing portions in a self striping yarn that eventually gets decreased to be able to style this part as a "collar." A single color tube yarn creates a seed stitch portion adding great texture and a simple garter border ends the wrap again in the same boucle yarn that started this wrap.
The pattern is fully written and also offers a lace chart.
Knit kits include
- A Wheely cake, 165 yards in a self striping aran weight luxurious acrylic.
- A mini skein with 20 yards, already wound for you in a boucle yarn also an aran weight.
- A single color skein of Tubular, a super soft polyamide tube filled with soft cotton in an aran weight.
- The printed pattern and emailed PDF file.
- All packaged in a convenient project bag.
- US size 9 (5.5 mm) circular needle, 20" (51 cm) in length for lace border.
- US size 13 (9 mm) circular needle, 36" (91 cm) in length.
- Darning needle or crochet hook for finishing.
Gauge: 9 sts and 14 rows in 4" of stockinette stitch.
Techniques applied: Knitting and purling, lace knitting, picking up and knitting stitches into new orientation, color changes, decreasing, binding off, stretchy bind off, weaving in ends. Blocking is optional, the sample as shown was left unblocked for a more organic feel.
Level of Expertise: Easy
Enjoy your cozy wrap!
Find the accessories such as shawl pins and cuffs HERE