The name Drama Queen comes from one of the yarn colors used in this sample. The Ultimate yarn cakes in a bulky weight makes your shawl grow pretty quickly and it feels really good.
Knitted entirely sideways with an eyelet detail on the increasing and decreasing sides and a garter edge along the top edge for parts of the shawl. The simple, yet very effective cable design is a simple one, a cinch to create. If you have not tried cables just yet, this may be a great project to practice on.
Lots of styling suggestions are given in this fully written pattern. Charts are included as well.
The overall unblocked size is 93” in length and 20” at its highest.
The knit kits include
- Ultimate yarn cakes, 100 yards with 5 strands of yarns each in varying colors, even textures and weights. (that makes for a total 500 yards in each cake) you get 3 cakes in total, 2 in color one mentioned first and 1 in color 2.
- The printed pattern and emailed PDF file.
- All packaged in a convenient project bag.
- US size 15 (10 mm) circular needle 32" (81 cm) in length
- Cable needle
- Darning needle or crochet hook for finishing.
Gauge: 9 sts and 13 rows in 4" of stockinette stitch.
Techniques: Knitted and purled flat, cable knitting, color change, increasing, stretchy bind off, weaving in ends and blocking.
Level of Expertise: Intermediate
For a limited time save an automatic 40% on these knit kits.