I have wanted to knit this shrug for quite a while but haven't found the right yarn. That is.... until now.
The new Glimmer skeins are just so perfectly cool for this project. The knitting is very easy and your project grows fast. It's all done in one piece in simple Stockinette stitches. The pattern gives you help if you need to adjust, say for extra width of the sleeves, or length. The sleeves feature lovely flared edges.
The pattern is fully written and also has a schematic. For sizes: S/M/L.
The Knit kits include:
- 4/4/4 skeins of Glimmer, an aran weight hand wound to order. Five strands of yarns ranging in fibers from cotton, linen, polyamide and metallic/lurex which makes this yarn so special. This yarn is not plied to give an overall "organic" look.
- 100 yards a skein (100 yards times 5 yarns). About 100 grams per skein.
- The printed pattern and emailed PDF file.
- All packaged in a convenient project bag.
- US size 11 (8 mm) circular needle 32" (81 cm) in length
- Scrap yarn or an interchangeable needle cord to place stitches on hold
- Darning needle
Gauge: 10 sts and 14 rows in 4" of Stockinette stitch
Techniques applied: Knitting and purling, increasing, decreasing, knitting stitches together, placing stitches on hold, stretchy bind off, weaving in ends and blocking.
Enjoy an automatic 35% savings for a limited time!
Find the single pattern HERE