Bala, meaning young, powerful~
This frilly necklace sure is exciting. A fun and easy to knit accessory. The yarn though really makes this, as it has a look of sophistication to it with a slight metal sheen.
Knitted flat in stockinette stitch with an added I-cord which adds structure and also serves as adjustable closure.
The pattern is fully written.
The knit kits include:
- A mini skein in a DK/light worsted weight. 42 yards in a blend of 70% cotton/30% Polyester in a tube yarn. This texture and sheen makes the necklace pop.
- The printed pattern and emailed PDF file.
- Packaged in a convenient project bag.
- US size 0 (2 mm) circular needle 36" (91 cm) in length
- Darning needle for finishing
Gauge: 5 sts and 6 rows per inch in Stockinette stitch
Techniques applied: Knitting, purling, decreasing, I-cord bind off, creating one extra I-cord that gets attached with about 6 sts, weaving in ends.
This would make a great Mothers Day gift~
You may also like the "Dulce mio" necklace, knitted with the same yarn.