The new Allyn is an intriguing piece. It is a wrap, it's a shawl, so can be worn as a shawl, wrap but also as a scarf and cowl. It can actually be styled lots of different ways as you will see in the attached photos. You may even find more ways and if you do, please share pics....
Knitted flat and top down with color changes and short rows to grow the bottom part bigger than the top neckline. That way you can fold the top down to create a collar, just one styling option suggestion.
The unblocked dimension as shown here are: The neckline measures 22", the bottom edge 45" and 25" in overall height.
The blocked dimensions are: The neckline expands to 26" and the bottom edge grows to 54", the height may be a bit shorter.T
The knit kits do give you the option to add an extra pattern repeat to make your Allyn about 8" wider in the bottom border.
The knit kits include
- 4 skeins of Flamme, a two color soft and fluffy worsted weight with a black accent color running through creating a thick and thin texture. 140 yards a skein in a 90% Acrylic/10% Polyamide. A soft washable yarn.
- The printed pattern and emailed PDF file.
- All packaged in a convenient project bag.
- US 11 (8 mm) circular needle 32" (81 cm) in length.
- Darning needle or crochet hook for finishing.
Gauge: 9 sts and 18 rows in 4" of garter stitch.
Techniques applied: Knitting flat, changing colors, short rows, stretchy bind off, weaving in ends and optional blocking. The sample as shown, was left unblocked.
Enjoy your Allyn!