The Ellwood shawl offers quite a bit of drama because of its unusual shape and color/texture changes. It is knitted all in one piece, though the first part is done in an increasing half crescent shape, whereafter you pick up stitches and knit into a different direction to add waves and then some more decreased waves and finally some unexpected top stitching. It never gets boring~
The pattern is written, charted for the Wave patterns and a photo tutorial for the finishing touch.
Blocked Measurements: Total span is 8 feet, height at tallest 19"
- 1 Skein of Yarnology, 238 yards in 7 changes of textures, colors and yarn weights ranging from bamboo, cotton, rayon and blends of them.
- Alternatively use 7 portions in 34 yards each of fingering, sport and DK weights in colors that please you
- 2 Skeins of Bambon, a DK weight in a blend of 60% Cotton and 40% Bamboo, both fabulously soft fibers. 154 yards a skein.
- 2.5 yards of contrasting sport weight yarn for the finishing touch
- US size 8 (6.5 mm) circular needle 32" (81 cm) in length, or needle size that get you the proper gauge.
- Darning needle for finishing
11 sts and 22 rows in 4" of stockinette stitch, done in sport weight yarn
Level of Expertise: Advanced Beginner
Yarnz2go has complete Ellwood shawl knit kits HERE
For the immediate pattern download via Ravelry click HERE or simply add it to your Yarnz2go shopping cart.