This shawl is knitted with a bedazzling shell stitch pattern. The French name for shell is Coquille. The name is as pretty as the shawl, don't you think?
Rectangular in shape and generous in size. You hold two distinct yarns together throughout this project which give great stitch definition and a bit of sheen even for an elegant look.
- 2 skeins of Darlon yarn, 309 yards per skein in a sport weight dralon, washable yarn
- 3 skeins of Linen yarn, 190 yards a skein in a fingering weight linen/viscose blend
- As shown here, both yarns are held together throughout
- Alternatively use 570 yards of DK weight yarn
- Knit kits can be found Here
- US size 10 (6 mm) circular needle 36" (91 cm) in length
- Darning needle for weaving in ends
Gauge: 8 sts in 8 rows of Stockinette stitch, blocked.
Level of Expertise: Intermediate
Techniques used: Knitted flat, lace knitting, knitting 4 stitches together, stretchy bind off.
For the immediate Ravelry download click HERE or for a slightly time delayed copy add it to your Yarnz2go shopping cart.