Denim and dew, kit
A striking two color knitted rectangular shawl with a bit of a twist. Knitted sideways with pretty lace borders starting and ending the shawl. The middle Stockinette section with two cabled stripes is flanked by relaxing garter stitches and the twist happens in the middle back portion that sports a half moon longer edge that can be folded in to a collar which makes for many different ways of styling.
The measurements unblocked are 54” in length and 16.5” at its widest.
The knit kits include:
- 5 skeins of Bambon, a DK weight in 60% cotton and 40% bamboo in two colors. Shown here in a Mushroom and Navy combo.
- The printed and emailed pattern
- A white organza project bag
- US size 8 (5 mm) circular needle 40” (102 cm) in length.
- Darning needle to weave in ends
Gauge: 16 sts and 20 rows in 4” of Stockinette stitch
Techniques used: Knit, purl, lace knitting, increasing, decreasing, color changes, catching back yarn in two color stranded knitting, stretchy bind off.
Level of Expertise: Intermediate
Enjoy your pretty shawl!
See the special effects when you click on photos below...