Knit me a garden shawl, kit
Does this not look like a garden? Hence the name…
This beautiful crescent shaped shawl is knitted top down in Garter and Stockinette stitches and ever growing to finally add the garden inspired and simply gorgeous Vine lace border.
The pattern is written and has a lace chart for the border.
The blocked measurements: 82” wingspan and 16” in height.
Knit kits include:
- 1 Skein of Yarnology, 238 yards in 7 varying textures, colors and yarn weights.
- 1 Skein of Bambon, 154 yards in a DK weight bamboo/cotton blend
- The printed and emailed pattern
- A white organza project bag
- US size 10 (6 mm) circular needle
- 23 stitch markers
Darning needle for finishing.
Gauge: 12 sts and 21 rows in 4” of Garter stitch in DK weight, unblocked
Techniques used: Knitting flat, increasing, slipping stitches, knitting loosely, lace knitting, blocking.
Level of Expertise: Intermediate
Get a new shawl straps to hold your shawl in place HERE