I'm all aflutterTheodora's Pearls
I'm all aflutter
A light, airy and perfectly balanced top. The bottom lace knits up first and sets the stage of this all over lacy appearing sweater with a slit on one side. A bit of everything is going on here, from knitting in the round to knitting flat. The sleeves add another texture and are left un-seamed for even more comfort.
The yarn is unbelievably soft and beautiful with a subtle sheen to it.
For bust sizes 36”/40”/42”/46”/50”/54”.
Knit kit includes:
- Theodora's Pearls Auxanometer, a fingering weight in bamboo, 400 yards (365 m) per 115 g skein
- C1 – Shown here in Onyx: 1 skein (1/1/1/1/1) for the Bottom border
- C2 – Shown here in Cosmic Background Radiation: 2 skeins (2/2/2/2/2) Body
- You can also mix and match, make up your own combination!
- Emailed pattern can also be downloaded in Ravelry (free in kit, a $5 value)
- Ships free in the US
- US size 7 (4.5 mm) straights or 16” (40 cm) circular needles
- US size 10 (6 mm) circular needle 36” (90 cm) in length
- 2 stitch markers
- for lace border: 1 repeat measures 5.75” [14.6 cm] (width) x 3.5” [8.9 cm] blocked.
- for body: 13 sts and 22 rows in 4” (10 cm) unblocked, 14 sts and 17 rows in 4” (10 cm) of Stockinette stitch (with larger needle size), blocked
Techniques: Lace knitting, picking up and knitting stitches, knitting in the round, knitting flat, stockinette stitch, garter stitch, seaming shoulders, stretchy bind off.
Level of Expertise: Intermediate
Written pattern with lace chart and schematic.
Pattern is tech edited and test knitted.
Shipping is free in the US.